We will leave the city of Cusco and drive to the town of Ollantaytambo in our private van. There we will board the tourist train that will take us to the starting point of our hike. Our first stop will be at the archaeological site called CHACHABAMBA (2,200 m / 7,200 ft) which is located right next to the Urubamba River. Next, we continue our trek to another beautiful archaeological complex called WIÑAYWAYNA (2,650 m / 8,218 ft). This is where we will eat lunch. After lunch, we will continue hiking until we reach INTIPUNKU (the famous Gateway of the Sun,) which is found at an elevation of 2,700 m / 8,924 ft.) From there we can appreciate the incredible majesty of the ancient Inca Citadel of MACHUPICCHU. It will probably take 6 or 7 hours of hiking until we reach Machupicchu. Arrival time to Machupicchu is approximately 4:00 pm. We will have time for some photos, and then we will ride down to the town of Machupicchu Pueblo in a tourist bus. In town we will be able to enjoy a delicious dinner, and to rest up and get a good night’s sleep at our hotel.
Early in the morning, we will leave Aguas Calientes on a tourist bus and go up to the Inca Fortress of Machupicchu in time to see the sun rise over the Andes. Our guided tour of the site will last for approximately 2 hours. Then we will have free time for photos and additional sightseeing. Later in the afternoon, we will return to the Aguas Calientes to eat lunch and to board the train which will take us to the town of Ollantaytmbo. Our private vehicle will be waiting there, and will take us back to Cusco.
- Pre-departure briefing in our Office or in your hotel. one or two days before the hike.
- Pick up from your Hotel at 05:00 am Private transport to Ollantaytambo Train Station (2 Hrs.)
- Tourist train to Km 104 (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for the Trail and Machupicchu Sanctuary (2 Days).
- English speaking guide.
- Box Lunch , snack , 1 Dinner and 1 Breakfast.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus tickets (Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes/ Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.)
- Tourist train tickets return to Ollantaytambo
- transport to Cusco.