You will walk along river valleys and through the cloud forest. Come visit indigenous villages that still maintain their ancient Quechua language and customs. Finally, and most amazing of all, you will arrive at Inti Punku, the Gateway of the Sun, before you descend into the majestic Incan Citadel of MACHU PICCHU.
FIRST DAY: Cusco – km. 82 – Wayllabamba
We will leave the city of Cusco in our tourist van and drive past Ollantaytambo to Km.82 of the Cusco-Machu Picchu railroad line which is where our trek begins. We will walk for approximately 2 hours until we reach the first Incan village of Llactapata. The flora and the fauna here are representative of the region. We will stop to have our delicious lunch which will be prepared by our professionally trained chef. Then we will hike for another couple of hours until we reach our first campsite, HUAYLLABAMBA. There we can relax and enjoy a fantastic dinner.
SECOND DAY: – Wayllabamba – Pacaymayu
We will get a very early start the following morning. After a nutritious breakfast, we will hike up to the WARMIHUAÑUSCA Pass(4050 masl.) This will be the highest point on our journey. Then we will descend into the warm valley of Pacaymayu (3600masl.) where we will have lunch and dinner and visit some Incan sites that are close to our second campsite.
THIRD DAY: Pacaymayu – Wiñayhuayna
After breakfast we start a long walk of approximately 6 hours. Along the way we will stop at the Incan archaeological sites of RUNCURAKAY, SAYACMARCA, CONCHAMARCA, and PUYUPATAMARCA. Finally, we will arrive at the picturesque ruins of WIÑAYHUAYNA (which means ‘forever young.’) There will be various guided tours throughout the day. At WIÑAYHUAYNA, we will be able to rest up at our campsite and enjoy a wonderful meal.
FOURTH DAY: Wiñayhuayna – Machupicchu
On our fourth day we will get up before dawn, have a good breakfast, and begin the final leg of our trek to Machu Picchu. As the sun rises, we will see Machu Picchu in all of its splendor as we pass through the Gateway of the Sun. Upon arriving at the Lost City of the Incas, we will have 2-hour guided tour of the site. After that, there will be free time to take incredible photos, and to explore the ruins on your own. Later in the afternoon we will catch the tourist train back to Ollantaytambo and Cusco.
- Pre-departure briefing in our Office or in your hotel one or two days before the hike.
- Transfer from the hotel until km. 82.
- Entrances tickets to Inca trail and Machu Picchu.
- English and Spanish speaking Professional Guide.
- Camping equipment, (2 person tents, mattresses, Cooking equipment, tables and chairs).
- Porters carrying your camping and cooking equipment except the mattresses.
- Professional cook.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners – Vegetarian food, or other diet requirements can be arranged with no further charge.
- First aid kid and oxygen bottles.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Tourist Train back to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer Ollantaytambo – Cusco